11 ott 2010

Falling under YLOD

[From now on I will post in English since most of my collegues are not italian speakers]


So everyone, long time no see uh?

I've been pretty busy in the last few months doing everything a part from gaming and programming, I've enjoyed my free-time after the bachelors degree, but now I'm back on track...or at least I'd love to.

Let's talk about something that happened just a couple of weeks ago.

Two weeks ago fate has decided to make me part of the YLOD issue.
What's YLOD? It stands for Yellow Led of Death and it is the Ps3 counterpart of the most famous Red Ring of Death of the 360 consolles.
It was a real pain for me, my ps3 was the first consolle bought with my own money, 600€ of pure entertaining that fell death on a Saturday morning. The day before my departure to Milan for the master courses in Computer Science.

Basically the YLOD means that your ps3 has the cpu and the gpu that with time has unsticked from the mother board, due to extreme and intense usage and Sony's impossibility of using glues made illegal by environmental laws.
Once you are victim of this atrocity you can kiss you consolle goodbye. You can re-flow it (which is the possibility of repair the glue issue) but 90% of chances are that the damage has already been dealt.
If you're lucky, your ps3 will work for 2 hours sessions and freeze some now and then.

Oh, man that was a bad day...seeing your ps3 down and your 360 full operational was a major defeat. But we have to consider that my ps3 was a 60Go fat of July 2007, my xbox is a falcon of 2010.

So after 80€ in repairing the black monolite and quite a disappointment in seeing that it wasn't enough, i bought a ps3slim...no retrocompatibility but to be true a nice step forward in terms of overheating and power-saving (45nm tech rulez!).

Probably in this post I wasn't able to express all my depression for the lost of my original ps3 (which will stand right next to the new one after it will be back from assistance, but will be a show model, a collection piece (by the way it's still worth around 300€)),
however all of this was to state the following:

I'm finally back (not that anyone care I think ;) ), even if with less posts due to my study carrer I will continue to update you guys on the gaming world keeping an eye for you about 360 news from Milan, and about Ps3 from Forlì.

Next comings: FIFA 11 (360) and F1 2010 (Ps3) reviews!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento